9” Touch Screen Navigation for Mercedes Sprinter, compatible with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
Alpine introduces the 3rd generation Alpine Style navigation system for Mercedes Sprinter (S906). The X903D-S906 features a huge 9-inch touch-screen that is installed off-set from the dashboard to be perfectly reachable from the driver’s seat. This makes it very easy to see and control navigation maps and other functions.
It also features a much faster navigation CPU and larger system memory for smooth system operation. You can now also zoom in and out of the navigation map using finger pinch gestures.
The system also features the cutting edge iGo Primo NextGen navigation system with TomTom maps. Best of all, you get 3 years free of charge map updates and you can input the measurements and weight of your camper - so only suitable routes for your specific mobile-home will be proposed. You can also easily install additional camper databases for your camping needs. The X903D-S906 also includes Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility.
If you are looking for a good camper navigation system that is easy to use, easy to reach from the driver’s seat and features a large display – then look no further.
Premium Navigation exclusively designed for Mercedes Sprinter
Designed for Mercedes Sprinter
The X903D-S906 is exclusively designed for the Mercedes Sprinter (S906 model year 2013 and newer). The gigantic 9-inch high-resolution touch screen of the X903D-S906 will amaze you with superb picture quality for navigation maps, menus and video content. Best of all: the installation allows the lower pocket in your dash to remain unused.
|Easy to reach from the driver’s seat|
Accessibility is an important factor especially on long trips when you often change radio stations or change navigation settings. The Alpine Style system is designed in an off-set configuration from the dash – bringing it closer to the driver to be easily reached without leaning forward. We included large control buttons besides the screen for easy access of the main sources, volume, telephone and more.
|Extra large 23cm (9-inch) touch screen|
The heart of the system is a huge 23cm touch screen display – in fact, it is the same size than an Apple iPad® display. This makes it very easy to see navigation maps, as well as numbers and text on the screen while you drive. Of course this contributes to driving safety as well – less time looking at your screen means more time looking at the road. On-screen buttons appear very large as well, which makes this product very user friendly
|Steering wheel remote buttons|
If your Mercedes Sprinter is equipped with control buttons on the steering wheel, you can use them with the X903D-S906 as well. The Alpine Style system is fully connected to the vehicle electronics and accepts all steering controls such as volume control, telephone, voice control and audio mute. This is yet another feature that contributes to comfort and driving safety in your mobile-home.
With its new designed monitor frame, the display appears to be floating on top of your dashboard and matches perfectly the interior design of your camper van. We even included the Bluetooth hands-free microphone in the display housing.
|Easy camera access|
The rear-view camera (if equipped) activates automatically when reversing. However, you may want to manually activate the camera on the highway to check on the bicycles attached to the back of your mobile-home or to ensure that you passed a truck fully after take-over to securely return to your driving lane. Alpine makes it very simple with a direct camera access button right in the source screen.
|One Look Display|
Alpine’s innovative "One Look" split-screen technology allows you to view the navigation map and audio playback information at one glance. This eliminates the need to switch between different applications. You can switch from full screen to One Look view with just a swipe on the display.
Perfect Camper Navigation
Did you ever found yourself stuck with your mobile-home because the road ahead simply was not wide enough or the bridge crossing in front of you was not tall enough to fit your vehicle through? Such situation can quickly take the fun out of your travel. Unlike regular car navigation systems, the Alpine Style camper navigation system has many tricks up its sleeve to avoid such situations: with millions of POIs, individual vehicle profile settings, TMC traffic rerouting and importable camper POI lists. The iGo Primo NextGen navigation is currently one of the best navigation software on the market. Combined with Alpine’s powerful hardware and processing power, you get a highly accurate and super fast navigation system for your car. For example, calculating a route from Munich to Paris takes just a few seconds. The system is packed with tons of useful and unique navigation features, from partial address input with automatic detection, TMC route guidance, 3D landmark icons and much more. It also includes hundreds-of-thousands of POIs, to make it easy to find restaurants and any kind of public places near you.
Important Navigation Features
- Extensive map database of 48 European countries
- Map updates can be purchased at any time online through naviextras.com
- Updates can be purchased by country and by region.
- This saves cost by updating only what is necessary.
- Address search with postcode input (including 7-digit UK postcodes)
- Smart routes: the system database stores historic traffic patterns and uses them to choose the best route depending on the time of day and day of week
- High-resolution maps
|TomTom Maps with 3 Years Free-of-charge updates|
A navigation system is only as good as its map database: the X903D-S906 includes TomTom maps for an awesome map coverage of 48 European countries. Within 3 years after the first navigation fix, you can go to alpine.naviextras.com to download map updates free of charge for your Alpine unit – you can even do so without any limitation on how often you update. After 3 years have passed, you can download regional map packages or the full European map update based on your needs for very reasonable cost.
|GPS and Glonass Compatible|
More satellites equal higher navigation accuracy and a faster positioning fix. This Alpine product is compatible with GPS satellite signals and can also receive positioning data from Glonass satellites. This brings big advantages especially in an urban environment with many tall buildings and when driving next to high mountains. When using navigation with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto you can also benefit from this new improved compatibility.
|Vehicle profile options|
If you input details about your mobile-home (such as length, width, height and if you tow a trailer, etc), the Alpine Style navigation system will only consider routes suitable for your vehicle. This is an extremely important function for camper owners, that can save you from driving into dead ends and frustrating searches for alternative routes.
|Points of Interest|
You can easily search for POIs by category, name, distance and other criteria. This is very helpful when looking for a specific restaurant franchise or a specific petrol station brand nearby. Restaurant information includes the phone number next to the address and food type – with a quick tap on the screen you can call ahead and reserve a table.
|Importable camper POI databases|
The X903D-S906 includes thousands of camping sites across Europe, however you will always achieve the best result with an optional camper POI database. Such databases can be purchased online and then imported into the X903D-S906.
|3D Maps & Speed information|
View maps in 3D with detailed buildings and landmarks. This feature helps you to better orientate yourself in large cities. Speed restriction display and speed camera warnings (not available for all EU countries) give you further driving assistance.
|Lane Guidance / TMC Route Guidance|
Lane Guidance lets the driver know which is the best lane to be in, while Dynamic TMC Route Guidance provides live traffic information for avoiding traffic jams and recalculates the route if necessary.
|Plan Your Route|
Thanks to TMC you are able to get live traffic updates – this is even very convenient before you start driving. Zoom out to see the full route you are about to drive and check the road conditions. Accidents, traffic jams and any kind of traffic problems are displayed with warning icons on the map, and roads with slow or stopped traffic are displayed in different colours. This allows you to better plan your route.
|Online Navigation with Apple CarPlay|
When you’re driving, Maps helps you find the way to your destination with turn-by-turn spoken directions and new, easier-to-read visuals. When a turn is coming up, the view zooms in to show you exactly where to go. Along the way, large signs and arrows guide you in the right direction and let you know how long it’s going to take to get there. Looking for a gas station, restaurant, or coffee shop along your route? New buttons on the navigation screen help you quickly find the closest places and estimate how much time the detour will add to your trip. If you push the navigation hard-key on your Alpine unit twice, you active Apple CarPlay navigation without going through many menu points.
|Online Navigation with Android Auto|
Let Google Maps lead the way. It’s easy to get where you’re going with free voice-guided navigation, live traffic information, lane guidance, and more. Whether on your phone screen or on your car display, Android Auto was designed with safety in mind. With larger touch targets, a simplified interface, and easy-to-use voice actions, it's designed to minimize distraction so you can stay focused on the road. The X903D-S906 works seamlessly with Android Auto and Google maps. Android Auto can even access the Alpine navigation antenna for highest positioning accuracy.
Your Personal Media Expert
Big Screen Entertainment
The Alpine system allows you to enjoy movies, music videos or TV shows from many different sources, such as DVDs from the optional optical drive, USB sticks, the latest smartphones with HDMI output or portable video devices (optional cables or adapters are required). You can also connect your iPod or iPhone to enjoy your video content on the high-resolution 9-inch display. For driving safety, the video playback feature is only available if the vehicle is not in motion.
|Works with Apple CarPlay|
The innovative X903D-S906 with Apple CarPlay compatibility brings you a smarter way to use your iPhone on the road. Apple CarPlay gives iPhone users an incredibly intuitive way to make calls, use maps, listen to music and access messages with just a word or a touch. You can even enjoy Spotify, internet radio or podcasts while on the road for a truly connected experience. Simply connect your CarPlay enabled iPhone to the USB port of your Alpine and you are ready to go.
|Works with Android Auto|
Android Auto was designed with safety in mind. With a simple and intuitive interface, integrated steering wheel controls, and powerful new voice actions, it's designed to minimize distraction so you can stay focused on the road. Android Auto automatically brings you useful information, and organizes it into simple cards that appear just when they're needed. Both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto can access the navigation antenna of the X903D-S906 for improved accuracy when using the navi apps.
|Built-in Bluetooth® Technology|
The built-in Bluetooth® module allows wireless connection of a mobile phone for hands-free communication, while frequent software updates ensure full compatibility with the latest phones. A very intuitive user interface makes operation extremely easy. Bluetooth® also enables audio streaming from the phone: audio content or even internet radio can be wirelessly enjoyed on the Alpine system.
|Connect Your Smartphone|
The Alpine system is fully compatible with the latest smartphones such as the iPhone 6S and the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. This offers many advantages: you can enjoy digital content stored on your phone such as music or video files, access your phonebook or simply charge your phone. You can even activate Siri and voice-control your iPhone for maximum comfort and driving safety.
|DAB/DAB+ Digital Radio|
The built-in DAB/DAB+ tuner uses the most advanced digital technology to deliver radio reception with outstanding, noise-free sound quality. DAB also offers many other advantages over traditional FM radio: choose from a much wider range of radio stations and after the initial station scan easily select your desired channels from an alphabetic or genre list of available stations.
|Upgrade to DVB-T Digital TV|
Alpine offers several DVB-T digital TV tuners and antenna solutions that can be connected to the X903D-S906. Having several TV channels to choose from is especially useful when you are in long traffic jams. Check out our related product area for more information.
|Optional DVD Player|
Alpine’s optional DVE-5300 DVD player can be easily installed right below the 9-inch touch screen.
|Connect up to 3 cameras|
The optional KCX-C250MC interface even allows the connection of up to 3 cameras, including front and side. Switching between cameras and viewing angle selection can be easily done using the touch screen. Alpine offers a wide range of cameras, including cutting-edge models with multi-view technology. Camera cable extensions are available as well.
|Wireless Charging Console|
A very useful accessory for your Mercedes Sprinter is the Wireless Charging Console KCE-3QI. This little rubber pad fits perfectly into the X903D-S906 1 DIN shaft and provides Qi compatible inductive charging for your wireless charging enabled mobile phone.
|Connect your USB and AUX port in the dash|
The X903D-S906 includes a fitting USB / AUX port that replaces the original one installed in your Sprinter. With your Alpine system and new
ports you get USB and AUX (audio / video) input.
The X903D-S906 offers extensive sound adjustment options to get the best out of your sound system and to adjust the sound to your taste and preferences, including equalization features, X-over settings and even time correction.
|Fader and Balance|
Use the touch screen to drag the crosshair to the desired location on the car interior image to make fader and balance adjustments.
- Memory Presets: Preset Stations (FM: 12 / MW: 6 / LW: 6)
- Memory: Auto Memory
- Seek Mode: Local / DX Selection
- RDS Functions: PI, PS, AF, TA, TP, PTY, NEWS, RADIO TEXT
- DAB+ Tuner Built-in
- DAB+/DMB Supported
- DAB+ Slideshow Service
- DLS (Dynamic Label Service)
- DAB Service Following
- RDS Fallback (where available)
- Service Preset: 18 Preset Memory
- Auto Ensemble/Service Memory
- Service Search Function
- PTY Search Function
- Alphabet Search Function
- Antenna Power Supply Selection
- Built-in BLUETOOTH® Module
- Wide Band Speech Technology
- HFP (Hands-Free Profile) Compatible
- Streaming Music: A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) Compatible
- Streaming Music Control: AVRCP (Audio / Video Remote Control Profile) Ver.1.5 Compatible
- Advanced BLUETOOTH® Technology
- Connection: SSP (Simple Secure Pairing) Supported
- Individual Profile Connection Hands Free Phone and Music Streaming
- Phone Book: Phone Book Synchronization
- Speed Dial: 4 Preset Memory (per phone)
- Multiple Phone Number Registration: 5 Phone Numbers can be stored for one name
- Device Name Display
- Auto Answer
- Call History Display: Outgoing Calls / Incoming Calls / Missed Calls
- Redial Function
- Speech Volume Level Adjustment: Possible for Outgoing and Incoming Volume
- DTMF (Touch-Tone) Function
- Signal Strength Indicator
- Battery Level Indicator
- Menu Language Selection: 24 Languages
- Firmware Updatable
- Microphone integrated
Made for iPod® / iPhone®
- Compatibility for iPod/iPhone: Made for iPod touch 6th/5th Gen., iPod nano 7th Gen., iPhone X, iPhone 8 and 8 Plus, iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s
- Connection: KCU-471i Required (Sold separately)
- Music Playback
- Available Selections: Playlist / Artist / Album /Song / Podcast / Genre / Composer / Audiobook
- Alphabet Search
- Artwork Display
- Direct Up / Down: Playlist / Artist / Album / Genre / Composer
- M.I.X. (Shuffle) Play: Song, Albums, All
- Battery Charging
- Map Coverage: 48 Countries (Western and Eastern Europe)
- Menu Language: 29 Languages
- Voice Guidance Language: 29 Languages for Voice Guidance, 15 Languages for Text-to-Speech (TTS)
- Advanced Address Search
- Post Code Search
- Free Form Search
- Partial Name Search
- Advanced POI Functions
- Smart Routes: Smart Routes using historic traffic patterns
- Advanced Route Planning
- Eco Route Search
- 7 Alternative Route Recommendation
- Advanced TMC Mode
- Map Display Mode: 2D Heading Up, 2D North Up, 3D
- 3D City Mode: 3D Building/Icon Display
- Elevation Map Display: 3D maps with elevation mode
- 3D Motorway Junction View: Junction View with Sign Post
- Drive Lane Suggestion
- Tunnel Mode
- Highway Mode
- Voice Guidance Mixing
- Direct Phone Call from POI data
- 3 Positioning Sensors: GPS, Gyroscope, Vehicle Speed Pulse
USB Media Connection
- USB Connection
- Music and Video Playback: FLAC/MP3/WMA/AAC/AVI/MP4/MKV Playback
- File / Folder Name Search
- Tag Info Search
- Folder Up / Down
- M.I.X. Random Play
- Bass Engine SQ
- Bass Engine™ Pro
- Subwoofer Level Adjustment
- Subwoofer Phase Select
- 2 V High Voltage PreOut
- Equalizer: Flat, Pops, Rock, News, Jazz, Electrical Dance, Hip Hop, Easy Listening, Country, Classical
- Dual HD EQ (9-band Parametric Equalizer front/rear)
- 6 Channel Digital Time Correction
- Digital Crossover Setting
- Customized Sound Setting by Car Type
- MediaXpander HD
- Application Volume Level Setting
- Sound Setting Data Download
- Easy, Step-by-Step Sound Customization
- Alpine TuneIt App ready
- Power Output: 4 x 50 W High Power Amplifier
- Advanced Power IC
- Display: 9′′ Capacitive WVGA High Resolution Display
- White LED Backlighting System
- 50/50 Split Screen: Left / Right Position Changeable
- Control Type: Touch, Drag, Flick
- My Favourites Function
- Automatic Setting Change for 2 Users
- High Grade Audiophile Design
- 3 PreOuts (2 V, Front / Rear / Subwoofer) KTX-PRE1 Required (Sold separately)
- AUX-In: 1 A/V AUX Input (RCA)
- Steering Wheel Remote Control Function
- Remote Control Ready
- Navigation Guidance Mix
- Camera Connection & Built-in Controls for Multi-View Cameras
- Camera Guide Line Adjustment
- Rear view Camera Display Automatic Boot-up
- Simple Mode & Info Mode Display Selection
- Visual EQ
- Live Contrast Adjustment
- Menu Language: 24 Languages (for AV / Bluetooth), 29 Languages (Navigation Menu and Voice Guidance)
- Auto Dimmer
- Anti-theft security code
- Firmware Updatable
- Microphone integrate
- Power Antenna Lead
- Remote Turn-On
- HDMI Input (Alpine Special HDMI connector required)
- Engine Start-Stop unaffected
- SWRC Interface Included
- Ready for optional DVD Player DVE-5300
Vehicle Parameter Setting
- Dimensions (length, width, height)
- Actual and maximum allowed weight
- Type of freight (category of dangerous goods, i.e. explosives, flammables)
- Use of a trailer and number of axles
- Maximum allowed speed
Map & Database
- Online Map Update via alpine.naviextras.com
- Featuring TomTom Maps
- 3 Years free of charge map update (multiple updates possible)
- Includes installation brackets, wiring harness and SWRC interface for complete installation.
- Screen Size: 9 inch Capacitive WVGA
- LCD Type: Transparent Type TN LCD
- Operation System: TFT Active Matrix
- Number of Picture Elements: 1,152,000 pixels (800 x 3 x 480)
- Illumination System: White LED Backlighting
- Effective Number of Picture Elements: 99.99%
- Colour System: NTSC, PAL
Max Power Output Ratings
- Max Power Output: 4 x 50 W
- Tuning Range: 87.5 - 108.0 MHz
- Mono Usable Sensitivity: 8.1 dBf (0.7 µV / 75 ohms)
- 50dB Quieting Sensitivity: 12 dBf (1.1 µV / 75 ohms)
- Alternate Channel Selectivity: 80 dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 65 dB
- Stereo Separation: 35 dB
- Capture Ratio: 2 dB
- Tuning Range: 531 - 1,602 kHz
- Usable Sensitivity (IEC Standard): 25.1 µV / 28 dBf
- Tuning Range: 153 - 281 kHz
- Usable Sensitivity (IEC Standard): 31.6 µV / 30 dBf
- USB Requirements: USB 2.0
- Max. Power Consumption: 1,500 mA (CDP Support)
- USB Class: Mass Storage Class, Play From Device
- File System: FAT 16/32
- MP3 Decoding: MPEG-1/2 AUDIO Layer-3
- WMA Decoding: Windows Media™ Audio
- AAC Decoding: ACC-LC format ′′.m4a′′ file
- Flac Decoding
- USB Video playback (AVI/MP4/MKV file with H.264 Video and MP3/AAC Audio)
- Number of Channels: 2-Channel (Stereo)
- Frequency Response: 5 - 20k Hz ±1 dB *Frequency Response may differ depending on the encoder software/bit rate
- Total Harmonic Distortion (at 1kHz): 0.008%
- DynamicRange(at 1kHz): 95 dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 100 dB
- Channel Separation (at 1kHz): 85 dB
- GPS Antenna Type: Micro-strip Planar Aerial
- Reception Frequency: 1575.42 ±1 MHz
- Reception Sensitivity: -130 dB Maximum
- Reception Method: Parallel 12 Channels
- BLUETOOTH® Version: Bluetooth V3.0+EDR
- Output Power: +4 dBm Max. (Power class 2)
- HFP: HFP (Hands Free Profile)
- OPP (Object Push Profile)
- PBAP (Phone Book Access Profile)
- HSP (Head Set Profile)
- A2DP: A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile)
- AVRCP: AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile)
- SPP (Serial Port Profile)
- Subwoofer Level Adjustment: 0 to +15
- Subwoofer Phase Setting: 0° or 180°
- BASS ENGINE SQ: 5Mode, Level 0 to +6
- HighPassFilter: 20 / 25 / 31.5 / 40 / 50 / 63 / 80 / 100 / 125 / 160 / 200 Hz
- HighPassFilter (Slope): Off / -6 / -12 / -18 / -24 dB/oct.
- HighPassFilter (Gain): -12 to 0 dB
- LowPassFilter: 20 / 25 / 31.5 / 40 / 50 / 63 / 80 / 100 / 125 / 160 / 200 Hz
- LowPassFilter (Slope): Off / -6 / -12 / -18 / -24 dB/oct.
- LowPassFilter (Gain): -12 to 0 dB
- Time Correction: 0.0 - 9.9ms (0.1ms step)
- Dual HD EQ Front + Rear
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 1): 20 - 100 Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 2): 63 - 315 Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 3): 125 - 500 Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 4): 250 - 1k Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 5): 500 - 2k Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 6): 1k - 4k Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 7): 2k - 7.2k Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 8): 5.8k - 12k Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 9): 9k - 20k Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Gain): -14 to +14
- Application Volume Level Setting: -14 to +14
- Input Format 720p/480p/VGA
- Output Format 480p
- Power Requirement: 14.4 V. DC (11-16V allowable)
- Pre Output Voltage (Before Clipping): 2 V / 10k ohms
- Maximum Mounting Angle: 30°
- X903D-S906: Fits for Mercedes Sprinter
- Chassis Size (W x H x D) mm: 178 x 50 x 164 mm
Product Compatibility Chart
The Caravan and Camper Software considers following restrictions and limitations by calculating the route and also gives warnings whilst driving without calculated route in 40 countries*:
- General through traffic restrictions for trucks (i.e. environmental zones)
- Through traffic restrictions for all categories of dangerous goods
- (i.e. explosives, flammables)
- Turn and U-Turn restrictions for trucks
- Restrictions for trailers
- Limitations of length
- Limitations of width
- Limitations of height
- Limitations of weight
- Height and width limitations of tunnels and bridge pass throughs
- Maximum allowed weight of bridges
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom
If the car was not equipped with a navigation system, the navigation screen of the MFD needs to be enabled by a Mercedes partner.
|Max. Power Output||4 x 50W|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Display Illumination||9′′ Capacitive WVGA High Resolution Display|
|Button Illumination||Variable RGB Illumination Buttons|
|Bluetooth||Built-in BLUETOOTH® Module|
|Works with iPhone||Yes|
|Pre Out||3 PreOuts (2V, Front / Rear / Subwoofer)|
We always recommends that you have your installation carried out by a qualified installer. Our experienced technical staff can take care of all kind of car audio upgrade jobs.
- Car Stereo
- Multimedia Audio Visual (Sat/Navs, Headrest Screens, Roof Screens etc.)
- Speakers/ Subwoofers / Amplifiers
- OEM Adapters Installation (DAB, iPod, iPhone, USB, Bluetooth, Aux)
- Bluetooth Car Kit Installation
- Car Security Alarms
- Vehicle Tracking Systems
- Reversing Camera / Parking Sensors
- Dash Cameras
All installations are carried out at our London Installation center, Vehicle must be brought for installation.